B.B.A., M.L.S., Ph.D.
Program Director, MSc[Library & Info Management]
Deputy Director, Centre for Information Technology in Education
Dr Chu teaches courses in the following areas in the undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- Knowledge management (Syllabus) (Evaluation)
- Digital libraries (Syllabus) (Evaluation)
- Information Behaviour (Syllabus) (Evaluation)
- Children and young adult literature (Syllabus) (Evaluation)
- Students who come up with the best group project in the course (a multimedia story) may win the "Best Multimedia Children Story Award" and a $2,000 book coupon, sponsored by Pearson-Longman.
He also supervises six doctoral students and one MPhil student in the areas of information technologies in education, inquiry-based learning, information seeking and knowledge management.
Web 2.0 technologies for teaching and learning, Inquiry-based learning, Information seeking, Knowledge management, Information resource management, Information retrieval systems, Web usability and interaction design, Human-computer interaction, Learning technologies, Digital libraries.